Saturday, November 18, 2017

No More Scrum

I liked the Scrum framework.  Once I found The Scrum Guide and digested it, I saw the beauty of the design and intent.  I've spent a lot of time and energy attempting to correct misconceptions and spread information of its benefits.  However I continue to see traditional, command-and-control, top-down, hierarchical, micromanagement everywhere: blogs, comments, articles, conversations, etc.

The more I call out ignorance the more I see in replies and likes.  Certified Scrum Masters (or ScrumMaster as they say) from Scrum Alliance were known issues.  I see it also comes from industry "experts" such as Mike Cohn.  Professional Scrum Trainers are also problematic.

I think I am done with this battle.  The agile philosophy has had over 20 years to become the norm.  People would rather remain in the comfort of repeating failure than actually learn a new way.

No comments: